When you make subzi, the process should be effortless and the outcome flawless. Going to cook Indian? Remember the following tips –
– If you are going to cook the potatoes, piece them into two and add a bit of a turmeric. The cooking will consume less time then.
– If Pulav is on the menu tonight, the rice washed with water should be spread on a cloth. After around half an hour, they will get dried and each granule will be separated from the other.
– The ideal ratio of rice to water is usually 1:2. After fifteen minutes of cooking, you may add more water if you feel it’s not enough.
– The most delicious advantage of a spice is the flavor it presents to the dish. Overcooking drastically changes this tang. Avoid it. For example, over-fried mustard seeds taste bitter.
– The dough for Puri should be a bit harder than the one for the chapatis. This characteristic will make the former absorb less oil. And, lesser is the oil, the better! Isn’t it?