Why Indian food is tasty – logic fails! Indian cuisine has always been popular for its distinctive aroma and flavor. So many invasions have edited our culinary ways. And, that only made the food better. A recent research conducted by the students of Indian Institute of Technology unravels the reason behind why Indian Food is so tasty! This piece of research proceeded in the following manner:
1. Two hundred recipes were analyzed. They, in total, contained three eighty-seven ingredients. The minimum number of ingredients in a dish was seven while the maximum was forty.
4. However, Indian cuisine is found to combine the spices which do not taste similar. Some of them are tamarind, green bell pepper, cinnamon, garam masala, Cayenne, ginger garlic paste, ginger, clove, and coriander.
5. Thus, we Indians overlook the science behind flavoring and go for the pairing of spices which are in a very contrasting taste from each other. And, the result of this transgression is jaw-dropping! Isn’t it?
When you make subzi, the process should be effortless and the outcome flawless. Going to cook Indian? Remember the following tips –
– If you are going to cook the potatoes, piece them into two and add a bit of a turmeric. The cooking will consume less time then.
– If Pulav is on the menu tonight, the rice washed with water should be spread on a cloth. After around half an hour, they will get dried and each granule will be separated from the other.
– The ideal ratio of rice to water is usually 1:2. After fifteen minutes of cooking, you may add more water if you feel it’s not enough.
– The most delicious advantage of a spice is the flavor it presents to the dish. Overcooking drastically changes this tang. Avoid it. For example, over-fried mustard seeds taste bitter.
– The dough for Puri should be a bit harder than the one for the chapatis. This characteristic will make the former absorb less oil. And, lesser is the oil, the better! Isn’t it?
1. You are not too far to get back into shape – Coriander does the amazing work of lowering down the level of bad cholesterol and increasing the good cholesterol level.